Monday, June 30, 2014

The Dreamer or the Dream?

 The Dreamer or the Dream?

As a figure in a dream I am at the mercy of the dreamer.  As the main character or supporting cast in a dream, I am ignorant and unaware that I have been created at the behest and whim of the dreamer. Whatever senseless meanderings her mind chooses to follow will sweep me along with the undercurrent.
Dorothy in Oz? Alice in Wonderland? They were encased in a seemingly impenetrable illusion. But, everything they perceived appeared real: people, animals, plants and trees, rainbows, tornadoes, rabbit holes.  Yet, each symbol was merely an apparition, a figment of Dorothy and Alice’s imaginations, their dreams. Why should my life, all of our lives be any different?
As the dreamer I have control.  As the dreamer I make decisions.  As the dreamer I am able to banish the banal and the outlandish, the upsetting and even the glorious. It’s all my choice.
As the dreamer I am aware of the dream and the characters.  I can choose to awaken.  Though the hangover from a mind-bending plot may leave me wheeling and off-center, I can still look back and remind myself, “It was just a dream.  No harm done.” And even if the pictures in my mind delight and exhilarate, I must still remind myself, “Darn, it was just a dream.”
With an appeal to my Source I can take back my mind from the eccentricities of the ego and place it lovingly and safely into the nurturing Hands of the Holy Spirit who will remind me,  “You are the dreamer, Precious One. Awaken.”
Photos by Barb Adams (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment