Thursday, June 26, 2014

For My Grandchildren

For My Grandchildren

Why Do I Love You?
I love you more than you could ever imagine, but
I want you to know 
that…

I love you not because of how you look.

I love you not because of how you sound, smell or feel.

I love you not because of what you know, or

what you might someday do for me.

I love you not because of what you have accomplished,

what you say, or

what you might become.

I love you not because of where you came from, or

who you may come to know.

I love you not because you love me.


So simple yet so profoundly stated:
I love you because you are Love,
and so am I.

Love is drawn to Itself.

So, we are drawn to each other.


And there is nothing you could ever do

that would cause me to stop loving you.



Your Nonna will love you, forever,
because 

Love Is
 and 
Always Shall Be.




No comments:

Post a Comment