Wednesday, March 23, 2016

You’re My Ticket Home!





He:
“You’re my ticket Home.”

His friend:
“What are you talking about?”

He:
“I’m saying that you’re the one who’s gonna help me get Home.”

Friend:
“I know what you said. What the heck do you mean?”

He:
“OK, look, I’ve been trying to get Home for a while.  Every time I think I’m on the right path, I hit a brick wall. Then, BAM!  I feel like a lose my way again.”

Friend:
“I go home everyday. Don’t you?”

He:
“No. I’ve seen glimpses of Home, but I’m having trouble staying put, you know, living at Home.”

Friend:
“You’re scaring me, dude.”

He:
“Oh no! Don’t get scared. Fear is the exact opposite of Home.”

Friend:
“Have you been drinking?

He:
(Laughs) “No, I’m in my right mind, well, at least most of the time.”

Friend:
“See, there you go again. I’m outta here!”

He:
“NO! Don’t go! You’re my ticket Home.”

Friend:
“Hey, either you start making sense or…”

He:
“Or what? Listen my friend. I’m your ticket Home, too.”

Friend:
“Now you’re really freakin’ me out!  C’mon, dude, maybe you’re sick or something. I can get you some help.”

He:
“You’re right, well kinda right.  I was sick. In fact, I was insane, wrong-minded. But I changed my mind and now I’m right-minded. I’m all better. 

It’s just sometimes I make the decision to listen to the wrong voice in my mind. That’s when I have trouble getting Home. But then, I remember to ask Inner Wisdom and He reminds me that you’re my ticket Home!'”

Friend:
“Oh boy. It’s worse than I thought. 

Let me get this straight: You were sick. In fact, you were insane…because you heard voices. So far we're in agreement. But then you listened to another Voice that made you change your mind because the Voice told you I’m your ticket home. Did I get it right?”

He:
“Exactly! You got it! YES!!”

Friend:
“Here sit down. I’m just gonna make a phone call to get you to a hospital.”

He:
“No, no. You’ve got it all wrong, bro. I think this might help.

Relax, and let me share some thoughts with you.  

I had been in a lot of emotional pain. It's as though I was walking around in the dark and I couldn’t find my way out. I couldn’t turn off the constant ego chatter in my head and I found myself projecting my thoughts and judgments on to everyone else. Of course, I didn’t realize it. For some reason, I felt as though I was special and they were wrong in how they acted, what they said and even how they raised their kids. I believed that I had it right and everybody else was screwed up.

Lot of good that did me. I felt guilty for the way I was acting and anxious about what the next day would bring. I was in a bad way, bro. Finally, I said, ‘There has to be another way. Somebody, please help me!’

That’s when I felt this subtle shift. The guy at work who used to tick me off didn’t irritate me anymore. Now we eat lunch together. He's the one who told me about the Big Blue book.”

Friend:
“What Big Blue book?”

He:
“It’s called, A Course in Miracles. Jesus shared messages with two people who scribed his Words…in the Big Blue book.”

Friend:
 (Pauses. Raises an eyebrow and sighs.) “You’re telling me that Jesus showed up one day and started giving dictation to two strangers and they just sat there and wrote it all down without getting freaked out?”

He:
“I’m telling you that they did what they felt called to do: to take notes, type it all out, make it into a book, the…”

Friend:
 “Yeah, the Big Blue book.”

He:
“Yes. That’s what they did. But, Jesus didn’t physically show up and the two people weren’t strangers to him. They're his sister and brother.

Jesus communicated from his mind to the mind of the woman. Well it’s really just one mind, the Mind of God. Jesus’ sister, Helen took the notes. His brother, Bill typed it all up.

Friend
 “Jesus’ brother and sister, eh?”

He:
“Yes! You’re catching on!

Good buddy, that book has changed my life. Or, better said, that book has changed the way I perceive my life.”

Friend:
 “So you’re not nuts?”

He:
(Laughs) “No, I’m not nuts. I’m saner than I’ve ever been in my life. More peaceful. Happier.”

Friend:

“Then, what’s the deal about me being your ticket home.”

He:
“I don’t mean home, as in the brick and mortar house I live in. I mean Home, with a capital H.”

Friend:
“You mean, Heaven?”

He:
“Yes, but not Heaven the way most people think about it, up in the sky. I’m talking about a state of mind. That’s the real Heaven, where we are in sync with the Will of God. Where we see everyone with Christ’s vision. Where we look past the mistakes or ‘sins’ we think others have committed. That’s real Heaven, bro.”

Friend:
“So you want to get to, and live in Heaven…in your mind, and I’m your ticket there. Is that what you’re saying?”

He:
“YES! That’s it!”

Friend:
“Oh, man. (To himself.) Well I’m in it this deep, I might as well keep going.

Dude, how am I your ticket Home?  With a capital H. And, how are you my ticket Home? Again, capital H.”

He:
“I’ll try to just give you the ACIM 101 version. It's very simple. It’s just not easy.  You ready?”

Friend:
“Sure. Hit me with it. I can’t be more confused than I am now.”

He:
“We’re one, bro.  You and I...and everyone else. Our minds are one.”

Friend:
 (Shaking his head.)  “Yeah, okay. Keep going, Man. I got nothin’ to lose.”

He:
“When I’m listening to ego, you’re a projection…from the wrong-side of my mind… of my fears and my guilt. But, and here’s the good news, when I’m listening to Inner Wisdom, I perceive you from the right-side of my mind, and all I see is that you and I are one; we’re united. We’re love, good buddy! You’re love.  I’m love. We’re’ one big love fest, bro. AND…and, we’re one with God!”

Friend:
“I thought you weren’t insane  (Turning away and raising his arm as if hailing a cab.) “Taxi. Taxi!”

He:
“Hold on, brother, don’t go anywhere. It’s getting good now.

Just tell me, have you ever felt fearful? Guilty? Angry and judgemental?"

Friend:
“Of course, I have. Everyone does. It’s normal.”


He:
“No, it’s not normal. It’s abnormal and it’s destroying us.

What’s normal is to know that the pure essence of who we are is love. That we are united with each other and with God. Our natural, normal state is peace and joy. Seeing each other as enemies is just what the ego ordered. Yet seeing each other as pure and innocent light is truly how God created us.

C’mon, tell me you wouldn’t rather live in peace and joy than anger and hate. Tell me.”

Friend:
“Who wouldn’t want to live in bliss, but it’s not possible. People would think we’re weirdos.”

He:
“Do you think Jesus was a weirdo? Gandhi? The Dali Lama? Martin Luther King, Jr? Buddha? Mother Theresa?

Friend:
“No, but…”

He:
“But what? You could have peace instead of this, my good friend. The choice is yours.”

Friend:

“Wait a minute, you didn’t tell me how I’m your ticket Home.”

He:
“Simply this: the way I perceive you is the way I perceive myself. If I see us as separate and judge you harshly, I’m given the Speed Pass to hell. In other words, I remain angry, guilty, judgmental and in pain.

But…wait for it…drum roll please…

If I see us as one, joined through love with God, then all I will perceive and experience is the truth; that as one we are love, peace and joy. Voila! Heaven, a/k/a Home.”  



     (Silence)

     (Silence)

     (Silence) 


Friend:
“Hmmm. What was that you said? It's a choice?



Written by Barbara Franco Adams
ACIM Student
Pathways of Light Ministerial Candidate
(c) 2016












No comments:

Post a Comment