Wednesday, May 21, 2014

There is an Old ego that Lives in My Head



       

There is an Old ego that Lives in My Head

 

There is an old ego that lives in my head,

has multiple voices.  I often feel dread.

 

Been trying to tame her and drag her on down.

“I got you,” I scolded.  She screeched like a clown.

 

“Shut up!” I would tell her.  “Stop screaming at me.”

“Your voice is so loud.  I’ll never be free!”

 

“I know,” I once offered, “I’ll smother your face.

And then I’ll be happy and claim my own space.”

 

She sat there so stubborn, so smug and aloof,

tempting and taunting, and claiming her truth.

 

And, almost as sure as I was of her sound,

a Light caught my eye and turned me around.

 

“Just ask me, dear one.  I’m the truth of God’s Voice

I’ll tell you what’s real and offer true choice.

 

“For all you need know is that I am your Guide.

I’m always right with you. I’m here by your side.”

 

“Don’t fret with confusion and call yourself bad.

Remember the Truth. Feel joyous!  Feel glad!

 

“Let ego be other than temptress and foe,

her voice is a call to remember, Me so.”

 

“I’m here to remind you there’s nothing to fear.

Just ask for my input, be silent and hear…

 

“…that I’ll guide you and love you and offer you peace.

My Word is your comfort.  Your worries will cease.”

 

“I love you, my sister, we’re one with our Source

Our joining’s a given.  Our direction’s on Course.”

 

Rev. Barbara Adams, M.S. Ed., O.M.C

www.PeaceAndHarmonyMinistry.org

Rochester, NY

(585) 633-8769

No comments:

Post a Comment